Donnerstag, Mai 03, 2007

Walk to remember

... or just a walk with the dogs (Marie & the one at the beach)?! Don't ask me why I'm writing in English now - I know, it doesn't make sense since I had my oral exam in German, today. Although the title is taken from a wonderful novel written by Nicolas Sparks, it might be enough to explain why I walked to school today by quoting my favourite protagonist Charlie: "It was one of those days that I didn't mind going to school because the weather was so pretty. The sky was overcast with clouds, and the air felt like a warm bath. I don't think I ever felt that clean before. [...] I just listened to the music, and breathed in the day, and remembered things. [...] I [...] walk home from school because it makes me feel like I've earned it. What I mean is that I want to be able to tell my kids that I walked to school like my grandparents did in the "old days". It's odd that I'm planning this considering I've never had a date, but I guess that makes sense. It [...] takes me an extra hour or so to walk as opposed to take the bus, but it's worth it when the weather is nice and cool like it was today."
Arriving at my village, I listened to the climax of the "Forrest Gump Suite"! That was a awesome feeling. I was on the top of the hill and it felt as if I was a hero or something like that. Well, maybe I exaggerate a bit but it was pretty cool. Infinitely might be the right word. I don't know. By the way, Olli's lyrics remind me of Kafkas biography - that is why I listend to him and the other dog on my way to school. Hopefully it was a good idea that leads to the desired success.

Keine Kommentare: